Are you considering remodeling your bathroom this year, or just need a simple update? Many people have an idea in their mind about what a bathroom “should” look like, but these bathroom design inspiration ideas should open your eyes to the many possibilities you have before you. (Read: Should you hire an interior designer for your bathroom?)
Regardless of your renovation budget, consider applying one of these up-and-coming trends to your bathroom in 2021.
- Warm, neutral colors will dominate bathrooms this year. Tans, soft whites, browns, and burnt oranges evoke a bright and happy feeling without being overwhelming or too bold. They’re refreshingly light yet still welcoming and cozy. It’s a great way to start and end your day.
- Quartz countertops are the way to go when making larger changes. If you’re considering changing your counters, definitely try out quartz. This stone is durable, cleans easily, and resists stains from cleaning chemicals or bathroom products. It is non-porous, so it won’t suffer water damage or hold bacteria. While quartz is traditionally stark white, the trend is now moving toward mixing quartz with other elements to create a marbled look. When paired with wood or wood-like elements, it creates a beautiful and natural look for any style and size bathroom. Quartz is a great investment for your bathroom this year.
- Backlit mirrors bring an element of luxury and indulgence to the bathroom. More and more people are opting to add backlights to mirrors and vanities–it adds ambient light to your bathroom without the extra reflection or glare that lights placed elsewhere would cause. It turns the mirror into an intriguing focal point, and is a great choice for en-suite bathrooms because it can be used as a dim light for late-night bathroom visits without waking your sleeping partner.
- Floating vanities are all the rage. Wall-mounted counters and mirrors take up less space than regular, blocky vanities. Floating vanity sets are quite customizable, because they mostly come in separate pieces. You can determine the configuration of sinks, mirrors, hardware, and countertops that best fits your space regardless of size. Plus, having it wall-mounted gives you full access to your bathroom floor for cleaning.
- Soaking tubs are a must. After the stressful year that we’ve all had, everyone deserves some extra TLC. Deep tubs with flat bottoms provide an ideal place to soak your worries away. Extra deepness allows for shorter dimensions in the length and width, meaning you can have more soak taking up less space.
- Create an illusion of wood. Wood is beautiful and a popular choice for furniture and flooring; however, it’s not ideal in a bathroom that experiences large fluctuations in humidity and frequent exposure to bacteria and water. Instead, tiles of ceramic and porcelain are being designed to look like wood, giving you the best of both worlds. You can have the visual effect of wood flooring with all the benefits of water-resistant, low-maintenance tiles.
- Increase the amount of greenery in your bathroom, whether it’s living or not. Since being cooped up in our homes last March, many people took to gaining a green thumb and growing their houseplant collection. Bringing nature into the home has many physical and mental benefits, and the bathroom is no exception. When you add botanical accents to your bathroom–be they murals, fake plants, real greenery, or simply green or blue hues used throughout the room–you increase the room’s sense of airiness and appeal.
Call the designers at West Coast Design Build Florida for all your Sarasota kitchen, bathroom or outdoor kitchen renovations.