We’ve spent a lot of time recently talking about kitchens, and for good reason. Experts tell us that the kitchen is the gathering place, the room in the house where family and friends congregate to eat, laugh and talk. But let’s face it, 2020 has been a tough year. So we thought it might be a great time to talk about renovating your bathroom. A beautifully designed bathroom is a personal sanctuary and haven from the outside world. If you are looking to update your bathroom, here are some of our favorite 2020 design trends.
Ideas, Trends and Bathroom Inspiration
- Brass Accents: Brass has long been a go-to to add a touch of elegance to any space. Think brass faucets, door handles, or even a large brass mirror for a luxurious accent to your bathroom. Brushed brass is a softer version of the metal, and can match especially well with natural stone. Even a little bit of this material can make an impact, such as brushed brass sconces or faucets.
- Marbelized Wallpaper: For smaller alcoves and areas, a little marbelized wallpaper goes a long way to add a pop of interest. Coordinate with your brass for a sophisticated look.
- Soaking Tubs: For Americans in a hurry, baths have often fallen out of favor. But there may be no greater relaxation than taking a long bath, and luxurious soaking tubs are coming back into vogue. Antique and art deco models are providing bathroom inspiration to many remodeling their space. For an especially striking effect, purchase a black soaking tub with brass or chrome fixtures. The tub is sure to become the focal point of the room. Freestanding tubs of all shapes and sizes are beginning to appear in modern bathrooms across the country, creating a focal impact for the room.
- Travertine Tile: Bright white bathrooms can be sterile and feel a bit cold, so more homeowners are turning to tiles like travertine and limestone to warm up the space and add ambiance. Natural stone in general is becoming a popular choice for countertops and floors in bathrooms and kitchen remodels alike.
- Creative Lighting: Harsh overhead lights aren’t conducive to relaxing or late night trips to the bathroom, but are needed for tasks such as shaving or applying makeup. Integrated lighting allows for different types of lighting which can be hidden or light up corners and small areas of the bathroom depending on how it is being utilized.
- Framed Mirrors: Instantly upgrade the look for your bathroom by adding a framed mirror. This quick and easy accent piece adds artistic class and sophistication to an otherwise utilitarian aspect of the room.
- Unique Shower Design: There are many ways to upgrade your shower and make it look more elegant. Using unusually patterned marble can create an artistic statement, while shaped tiles (such as octagons) can create a truly unique backdrop.
Consider This: Bathroom inspiration doesn’t have to apply only to the master bathroom. Create a surprisingly luxurious powder room or guest bath by adding dramatic glass tile, a towering mirror, or dark walls with bright accents. There are many ways to design a small bathroom to wow your guests.
At West Coast Design Build Florida, we are committed to helping Sarasota and Bradenton residents to imagine, design and install your dream bathroom. When it is time for you to remodel your bathroom, give us a call. With your inspiration and our expertise, we know you will love the results.